Tuesday, April 24, 2007

growing up

I was sick for several days and I certainly could not concentrate. I'm Back!!!


Growing up as an only child for almost 7 years was fun. I was spoiled (still am). My Mom and Grandma always took me shopping and I was dressed up to the hilt. I was extremely mature and I think that is why I married so early. I loved school. I did very well and advanced ahead by taking summer school and such. When boys came into the scene I did not try as much. I hated gym. I have never been athletic and never will be. I did anything to get out of swimming. It is so degrading to have to walk around with a wet head from 1st period on through the day. I sang in chorus and my favorite subjects were History and English.
I was voted most talented in Junior High.
I had lots of boyfriends although I tied myself down too early. My Grandma always told me that I needed to marry a successful Latvian boy but I didn't. I remember grand times attending Latvian get togethers. I loved to dance and dance I did. With young and old I twirled around doing the polka and waltz. My family always had get togethers for every kind of holiday, birthday and aniversary.


All the relatives would come dressed up . We had dinner and drinks. Then the singing started, They sang all the old war songs and Latviam folk music. How I loved that. Well-they sang till morning,went home and then returned again. The celebrations were long but so happy. Sometimes it was emotional when they struck on the memory of the homeland and the hard times after the war and what they had. Tears fell.


Even through all that ; they had each other and everyday was a happy day. No one was ever left out. Much of the voices have fell silent now. I miss them all.


I went to beauty school at one point and worked a short time at that but due to the excessive moving-how do you know what state to keep your liscence in. I still love hair. When I was about 10 years old the big hair-dos came out. The higher the better. I remember in the 5th grade lining my girlfriends up on a log and teasing their hair with a tooth brush. The smaller the bristols the tighter the teasing. Then we piled on the hairspray. I permed my friends hair once and left the solution in too long and when it was time to rince the rods and hair fell off together. Mom was so mad. She took us both to the beauty shop and cut our hair. My friends hair was maybe 1/3 inches long after (ooops) It did not stop my creative self. It still works over time.

Poem:
Show (Analogy)

The world is like the Big Top colorful, big and round

Inside there are three circles- rings of life to be found

These rings they are endless with love and eternity

Just as our Lord has promised for you and for me

The trapeezes they go back and forth as trials of life remain

But the Master with all his love can make it better again

The people and the animals entertain with all their worth

For God is their leader of the "Greatest Show on Earth"

Enter in the clowns-deciples of days of old

Follow them to graciousness the story it is told

You ask the price of admission-well it is up to you

For you are saved by by faith alone and not by the things you do

Up strikes the music and our Savior appears

How pleased he is of what he sees and hears

So go and tell your neighbor- go out and give a hand

Come join the most beautiful show anywhere in the land
11/1/1990

No comments: