Thursday, April 12, 2007

April 12, 2007 Its All About Me


Although I say that it is all about me ; I really do not feel that way. Sometimes I give too much of myself and get hurt. That is the sensitive side of my sign. I am a Cancer. I think it fits me well. I am loyal and I am home loving and thrive for family. I make my friends family as well. My parents were not as social as I am. No where does it say in a book that we all are made alike.

I have had some tough times too. Getting married at a young age, having my children and worry about money all the time. In my first marriage my husband was in and out of work alot. We did not have a lot of money. We lived with my parents when things were real low. It was a constant struggle. I remember calling and asking my folks to wire me some money. Understand that I was a young nice looking girl that was used to getting what I wanted and needed. Suddenly my life came to a halt. I was pushed down as a person and had to work. I worked hard. I worked in nursing homes, factories, burger joints. I cried many a mornings and did not want to go. My dad was always there to take me smile and cheer me up.

My first marriage was a toxic relationship. It was abusive and the children suffered the most. When you marry an individual who does not even know what he wants from life and has had issues of abuse in his life it was not easy. I managed 20 years of it. Do I blame him alone? No, as I should have not stayed no matter what he would have done. I have regrets but my children are my jewels. I will add more about this part of my life as I continue to remember where I have been and where I am going today. Literally I that God for what I have today


A little poem: Reflection

When things seem tough and more than you can bare
Release yourself and open up to prayer

Draw from him who gives you life
And off come the burdens of everyday strife

It is hard when you reach your lowest pit
But don't give up and never quit

You have your integrity and walk with pride
For no one can hold a candle to your kind

Let those who attack you with horrible spite
Let them answer to a higher source of what is just and what is right

No comments: