Thursday, April 26, 2007

April 26,2007 The Wedding


My wedding day was so wonderful. We had planned and budgeted and planned some more. We paid for our own wedding so we had to be smart in finance. We rented a hall above a bowling alley. We made the food all finger foods and the relatives brought it. My mother-in-law and friend Phylis made my dress.
We shopped for the right material and chose a winter white lace. It was so beautiful, Tim rented a tux w/tails. He was so handsome. I think we looked sharp. We had invited 54 guests and the reception followed directly after. Boy was I nervous.


My daughter Shawny did my makeup, my youngest daughter Mica was my Maid of honor and my son did me the honor of dressing up and assisted with tables.. Tims brother Mark was the best man.
We picked out a specific song "The Wedding Song" but things do go wrong and sure enough the minute I started to walk down the isle they played "The Wedding March". Tim raced over to correct it but the man said he was not told and he did not have it.

As I walked closer to Tim and looked over at everyone I began to cry. I had never felt this emotion before. My father walked me down the isle and that was a special moment for me. He placed my hand into Tims. We wrote our own vows and during my part I barely could talk and Tim just rubbed my hands. We just looked at each other . It was like no one else existed.

The funny thing about it after we watched the video we could hear the sound of the bowling that was happening downstairs. My nephew asked us if it was lightening outside that day. We still laugh about that. How many people that you know get married above a bowling alley?
We had dancing and food and cake. Our honey moon was very low budget. We borrowed Phylis and Bobs camper and went camping for 4 days. We had a blast. We took a long walk into the wilderness. No one around-that was pretty romantic!!!!! Just us and nature.
I would not change anything about our special day. While we were gone our family moved us into our new apartment. That is when our lives truly started as a family.



Poem: Love is Forever

Love is forever when hearts are joined as one
Love is forever when things are exciting and fun

But marriage is a foundation of every couples dream
It must be planned and built on lots of love it seams

It takes alot of courage on the part of man and wife
Working hard together building a good life

Loyalty and respect another important part
One of many blocks that create the heart

Join together and build a life that is new
Love is forever-but to make it work it always takes you

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.