Monday, April 9, 2007

April 9,2007 -Introduction



Well- what do I say about myself. My name is Daina. I was born 7/13/50 in Tacoma, Washington. I am of Latvian decent. Both parents came over from Latvia in April of 1950. I was raised in Washington state. I attended Jefferson Elementary, Truman Junior High and Wilson High School.

I love to sing and I think that comes from a long line of performers in opera and stage. My mothers side of the family were all actors and or singers. They were multi talented and lived in the city. My fathers side of the family lived in the country and raised Arabian horses. They had large amounts of the land up until the war. But back to my love of music. I find it greatly stimulating and I truely can relate to the sounds. I love rock and roll, classical, new wave and well rounded selections from European singers. For relaxation I love to listen to Indian music ( the real pow wow stuff) The drums and flute are very enjoyable.

I am not afraid to get up and perform at all. I like when the spot light is on me. I love people ,my family , my friends and I love life.

I have great kids. They in turn have raised wonderful kids. My grandkids are the most special human beings. I am so proud. As I fill you in on my life,defeats and accomplishments I will also post pictures .

I love poetry so after I twist your mind with my jabber I will offer some of my poetry I have written over the years. My poetry reflects different times in my life. Happiness, saddness and deep rooted feelings. My daughters blog so I thought this was a great way to put myself out there and share.

This Poem is called:

The Waiting (February 13, 1993)

It has come to my attention that all we do is wait
It all seems very normal but is it really fate

You stand in lines forever just waiting for your turn
Do they really think that you only have time to burn

Our time is just as precious as the others standing here
Too bad they don't serve concessios or just a bottle of beer

Waiting is a game of who can get there first
But if they don't start moving I'll just blowup and burst


No comments: