Wednesday, April 25, 2007

April 25,2007 LOVE


Love is a beautiful thing. When you have it just lifts you up. Tim and I are still love bugs. When we were dating he would bring a single rose or send a cute card . Always showed his feelings. The kids thought I had gone crazy. But what they did not realize they had not seen their real mother. When people are surpressed it is hard to be happy.
I had a problem with Tim being younger but really the 6 year difference is nothing and has not been an issue. It was amazing how quickly I was able to trust again and feel. It was just meant to be.

My parents never showed affection openly. I never saw them really hug. My brother and I thrive from having mates that give us hugs and tell us they love us. My mother says it is a sign of insecurity but I say NO.

When Tim proposed he drove us to Seal Beach, Ca. This was a favorite place for us. It was April and the weather was blistery and cold but My husband brought an ice chest with champagne and glasses. He brought the ring out and asked me to be his wife. He poured the champagne and we made a toast (with chattering teeth). Of course I excepted. How could I not as it was very romantic despite the cold. We both looked at each other and said "Are you cold?" we both muttered yes and quickly picked up the blankets and things and ran to the car. But-----Tim left the keys out on the sand. When the wind blows you can imagine what happens to the sand.. But someone was looking over him he walked right back to the same spot and there they were partially covered. Pretty Lucky,huh?

We still love the beach whenever we can go. Where we live now is more than an hour from the beach. We make a point to celebrate our anniversary every year by going somewhere near water. We have a true bond to water-it is very calming.

Poem: I Feel

What is it now that I feel
Can I be sure that it is real

A new touch and new kiss
It is one I could surely miss

Take a day at a time
I cannot assume it is all to be mine

It all seems so easy when you think it through
It feels so right and bright and new

The laughter and happiness I have sought so long
With all of this and more it cannot be wrong

I feel like a woman and totally a part
So much to give with all my heart

This is the door I'm looking for
To be me- to live- and much much more

1985

No comments: