Wednesday, April 11, 2007

April 11,2007 Time


Where has the time gone. I remember when I was just a little girl. Boy would I like having some of that back. I remember my folks Rita and Edgar worked very hard. My father got polio when he came to the United States in 1950 and he wore braces for a few years. My mom worked double shifts during that period and my father watched me. He controlled me with his cane. I remember a funny time when I was running away from him and he told me stop and come back or he would spank me (of course he never did)but I put my hands on my hips and I said" Ha Ha you can't catch me" He quickly pulled his belt off and his pants fell off. I laughed so hard. I think he laughed too but the visual still sticks in my mind.
I always have loved to sing. When I was a teenager I sang in a rock band. We did Friday night dances,Girls Clubs, Intermissions at roller rinks and teen night clubs. Of course my parents were against that as they had such a bad reputation but I can honestly say I had a blast and there was nothing bad happening. I was offered to record at one time but my boyfriend then and later my first husband gave me an ultimatum to pick him or singing and I of course gave up a dream. Advise to all NEVER GIVE UP A DREAM FOR ANYONE. I enjoyed my teen years, although I gave up alot when I married at 15 years of age. I did not have to but I felt if I didn't I would loose him. So my voice fell silent. How sad that I did not choose the correct path . But time does march on with or without you.

Here is a little poem:

Time is like the shore line sands
Stretching, reaching, and touching other lands

It can pass and it can go
And many times it is very slow

Time can mend a broken heart
Time is long when we are apart

Time is around us all
Time is summer, winter and fall

If you think about the crazy time
You will surely understand my rhyme





No comments: