Wednesday, May 30, 2007

5/30/07 My First Born



If you have had children you know how exciting it is to wait for your first. The one you have dreamed about,the one who you have planned for and imagined what they would look like.



I was a very young mother(not quite 18) but I wanted a baby, My prayers were answered March of 1968.
God gave me a little baby girl. She had a bump on her head ,lots of hair and because there were problems in the delivery and she was a forceps baby so she had a swollen face. I was sick all 9 months. I could not stand the smell of anything.But I loved McDonalds hamburgers. I woke every morning and ran to get fast food (reg hamburger with extra ketchup and mustard.)
Do not ask why but most of the time it assisted in helping morning sickness.

She came out screaming and the doctor said she had a great set of lungs. She was independent from day one. She did not like to be confined in anything. She hated the play pen, the stroller and high chair. So going out with her was a shore. She screamed bloody murder. She needed to be entertained all the time. She would not even take naps without me. Days and nights were mixed up. But all through all of this she grew up and turned into a wonderful ,independent, creative individual. I knew she would because of the strength she showed as a young person.
She puts on a tough exterior but she is my girl. My Shawny-what a beautiful person. She is my daughter and my friend and how lucky I am God gave her to me.
She married a wonderful guy Chris. They have been married for 20 years. They both know what they want and go for it. I wish I had more time with her but they have a family of their own. Two great boys (twins). Mathew and Jakob.
She is active with what they do and anything she can sign them up for. She is a strict parent but she is fair.
I am so proud of her. Not only what she will yet be but what she has become thru the years. She is a generous loving person . I love you daughter. You have been blessed. You are my hero.


Poem: A Daughter

My daughter is my reflection
How I love her from the time of inception

So small and tiny and she is looking at me
Does she know I love her and that she holds a key

As she looks into my eyes
Will she know the hows and whys

She is my daughter and I love her so
I whisper in her ear to let her know

A life without her just could not be
To my heart she holds the key

I will forever love you....daughter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks mom,I love you to.Wheres my ugly baby pictures.