Friday, May 18, 2007

5/18/07 My Brother


My brothers name is Erik. He is six (6) years younger than I am. I was pretty tough on him when we were young as I did not want a brother. When my mother went to the hospital to have him my parents gave me a little dress and shoes to put in my closet and being little I took that as a promise for a sister. Well guess what.

I cried for three days and I still remember the feelings I had. My heart was broken. AS he grew up I did anything I could so he would fall or hurt himself. When I would leave for school in the mornings he would smile and wave like crazy. And me; well you can imagine. I stood there and stuck my tounge out and made faces. He would start to cry and I would laugh. EVIL I was.

We were not real close and I think it was the age difference. I left home early on and he grew up without me. Maybe that was a good thing. But, now we have a relationship. We are both older,have families and are both married to wonderful people. He gives me a bad time of all the things I did. I was so jealous.

He is a wonderful man. Not perfect but a good man. He calls to check on me and mom couple times a week. He has four children. One left to raise yet. Arianna is married, Nick is married, Kaira is going to college and Larisa is still in high school . His wife is an awesome person (Lori). She is kind and loving. I am blessed to have him as a brother and I love him. He lives in Idaho and I do not see him often but I miss him and think of him always.

If you read this brother you are important to me and I am sorry for all the faces I made at you.
Kisses to you.


Poem: New Life

You have given me a new life and hope that I can look forward to

I have picked myself up and turned my head and it is all because of you

The gift of love you've given me its worth more than all the gold

The future together is wide open and one we both can mold

I am convinced our union came from up above

So take my hand and I'll give to you all my heart and love

No comments: