Wednesday, June 6, 2007

6/6/07 My Second Child














My son. Well what can I say. He is a wonderful human being. He is smart, handsome and has a beautiful wife and family. He is always serious and thinks about things along time before making a decision.

He has had the same personality even when he was born. I was not sick much during the 9 months. I craved tacos and cold turkey sandwiches. The delivery was easy. I call him my 4 hour baby. He did not smile much and was always hungry. As a parent you look at the little faces and cooo and giggle at them and sometimes they smile or giggle back but not my son. He would lower his brow and just stare at me. Just as if to say. Is that all or are you done yet?
He had a little horse with wheels and he loved it. I think that was the only times his face lit up. He laughed out loud. He would repeat. Loopa loopa horsey. The wheels literally wore off the horse. I am sure that growing up between two sisters was tough too.



Remember the Tonka trucks? Well, the ad used to say they were indestructible. Well my Son TY knew how to dent, bend and remove wheels. Every time we bought a toy he took it apart just to see how it operated. That is probably why he enjoys technical work. He was such a smart child. He was very gifted and was in the Gate program. He was determined to show me he was not a SMACK (term for nerd). He deliberately got an F once. I asked why and he said he wanted to prove he was normal. School bored him as it was not stimulating enough.

He became a professional diver for a while. He loved it. Good money long hours. He loves rock climbing. He loves to do Calculus and such math problems just as a hobby. How many people do that? He is is smart with money and excellent financial planner.



He now has 3 beautiful children. Two handsome boys(Jared and Gabriel) and our little princess (Mila). I am sure he smiles plenty at his family and wife Jeannene.

As a parent I am so proud that my little boy is such a good man. Even after the mountains he has climbed. He is grounded and loyal. I love you son...




POEM: Son

When you grow up what will you be
Where will you go and what will you see

If only one wish I wish for you
I wish you love your whole life through

From a boy to man you have grown
Through your journey you are not alone

My little boy my joy my heart
I miss you when we are apart

But looking back from where you have come
I am truly so proud of you son

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Awww"...Mother Dee, that was very sweet and written very nicely. I couldn't of said it better myself. He is all these things and much more. Thank you for sharing your heart, your love, and your "SON!!"

Yes.. I do Love him too.."JOB WELL DONE!"
(He did look at this..I know he liked it.)

We love you..
your son and family