Monday, September 3, 2007

9/3/2007 Jurmala









The Baltic sea is beautiful place the sea is very shallow so you can walk way out before it actually drops deeper. WE visited twice in our trip/ We went the first time to walk through the tourist area Jurmala- this could be similar to our Newport Beach Ca. We walked through shops and stopped and had lunch. They do not have coffee like we do . It is very different and had grounds that settle at the bottom. I had an iced coffee but it was not STARBUCKS. We shopped for some souvenirs there. We saw the higher class beach homes . Not in the price range I can even afford. I was told that they are owned in large by influential and rich Russians.

The white sand is so beautiful. It was rather cool on both visits. At least for me. Tim, Katrina and my Cousin Daina swan the second visit.The second time was in a more unpopulated area. It was very interesting walking through the woods and then suddenly there is the sea.

No comments: